Board meetings are generally be held on the 4th Thursday of each month. Until further notice, all meetings will be held online to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The Board does not convene in December.
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
Board of Directors of Wayside Schools
May 28, 2020 at 6:00 PM.
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the Board of Wayside Schools will be held on May 28, 2020 beginning at 6:00 PM. Meetings of the Board are normally held at Wayside: Eden Park Academy.
THIS MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED BY VIDEO CONFERENCE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GOVERNOR’S AUTHORIZATION CONCERNING SUSPENSION OF CERTAIN OPEN MEETING LAW REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) DISASTER.
Members of the public may access the meeting by clicking: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87464942349?pwd=ZHJxY255Nk1YT1lUZjVTM3ZkbWcyUT09
Meeting ID: 874 6494 2349
A quorum of members of the Board will participate in the meeting and will be audible to the public. Members of the public may submit comments on any agenda items(s) to email@example.com before or during consideration of the item.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
A. Roll Call; Establishment of Quorum; Call to Order
B. Announcement by the Board President calling this meeting of the Wayside Schools Board of Directors to order. Let the record show that a quorum of the Board Members is present, that this meeting has been duly called, and that notice of this meeting has been posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
C. Receive and approve Minutes from April 23, 2020
D. Consent Agenda Items, Discussion and possible action on:
- DIP and HB3 Goal Setting for 20-21 (Actionable)
- Joining the Electronic State Business Daily through the Comptroller’s Office (Actionable)
E. Chief Executive Officer Update, Discussion and possible action on:
- Update School Operational Considerations for SY 20-21 due to COVID-19 and Resolution (Actionable)
- Discussion and possible action on 20-21 Academic Calendar evaluation and potential modification due to COVID-19 related school and operational issues (Actionable)
- Discussion and possible action on Board Resolution for Continuity of Payroll due to COVID-19 Related School Calendar Change for SY 20-21 (Actionable)
- Board Dashboard Update (Informational)
- Fundraising and Enrollment Update (Informational)
- Wayside Strategic Planning Update (Informational)
- Discussion and possible action on Superintendent evaluation progress review (Executive Session)
F. Chief Academic Officer Update, Discussion and possible action on:
- May Academic Report on Student Performance (Informational)
- Discussion and possible action on Special Education Services concerning specific student(s) (Executive Session)
G. Chief Operations Officer Update, Discussion and possible action on:
- Review Statement of Activities as of 4/30/2020 (Informational)
- Discussion and possible action on SBA PPP Process, Loan Expenditures, and Reaffirmation of Statement of Need (Actionable)
- Draft Budget for 20-21 SY (Informational)
- Discussion and possible action concerning specific personnel issues (Executive Session)
H. Closed Session: The Board may adjourn into Closed Session on any item listed above or below as appropriate to that item pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Discussion on any agenda items regarding personnel, real estate, or legal matters of the school.
I. Reconvene into Open Session and Take Action, if any, on Items Discussed in Closed Session.
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act (Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Texas Government Code), the Board may enter into closed / executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the Agenda for this meeting. Before any closed / executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed / executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in closed / executive session will be conducted in open session in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted at 5:30 p.m. on May 25, 2020 on behalf of the Board by:
CEO and Superintendent
DECEMBER 2019 – No Regular Meeting
OCTOBER 2019 – No Meeting
No Board Meeting scheduled for December 2017.
NO REGULAR BOARD MEETINGS FOR SPRING BREAK
NO REGULAR BOARD MEETINGS FOR HOLIDAY BREAK
No regular board meeting for Spring Break.
No regular board meetings for Holiday Break.
Board meeting minutes 02-19-2014