Wayside Schools is actively monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We are working daily with the local, state and federal entities to ensure the health and safety of our scholars. Please refer to this page for all school communications related to COVID-19.
Wayside Schools is committed to providing scholars with safe and productive 2020-21 school year. We will add additional guidance as it becomes available. All guidance is subject to change based on local and state mandates.
7/15/2020 update: All scholars will begin the school year with remote learning. On Sept. 8, Wayside plans to tentatively open the campus for scholars who choose to learn onsite.
• To request a laptop/tablet for remote learning, click here.
• To let us know if your child will continue remote learning, or come back onsite, click here.
• To reserve your FREE breakfasts and lunches for the week, click here. Meal service will begin August 12. After the first week of school, meal pick-up will be every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at REAL Learning Academy.
- 7/29/2020: Updated Regarding Attorney General’s Guidance
- 7/24/2020: Remote & Onsite Learning Updates
- 7/15/2020: All Scholars to Begin School Year Remotely
- 7/10/2020: Reopening Plan for Fall 2020
- 7/8/2020: Reopening Plan Coming Soon
- 7/6/2020: Reopening Survey for Parents
- 6/23/2020: Operational Update for 2020-21 School Year
- 5/20/2020: Altamira Family Tests Positive for COIVD-19
- 4/29/2020: Gov. Abbott’s Plan to Re-Open Texas
- 4/22/2020: Vote on Potential Changes to 2020-21 Academic Calendar Moved to May Meeting
- 4/17/2020: Grading Policies for Q4
- 4/16/2020: AMA Parent Tests Positive for COVID-19
- 4/14/2020: Face Coverings Required on Wayside Campuses
- 4/7/2020: Parent of REAL Scholar Tests Positive for COVID-19
- 4/3/2020: Wayside Closes Campus Indefinitely; Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19
- 4/3/2020: Remote Learning Survey for All Families
- 4/2/2020: New Protocols for Scholar & Staff Safety
- 3/31/2020: School Closure Extended; Onsite Classes to Resume May 4
- 3/30/2020: Remote Learning Begins Today
- 3/27/2020: Update Regarding Internet Access
- 3/25/2020: Possible Changes to 2020-21 Academic Calendar Due to COVID-19
- 3/24/2020: “Stay Home – Work Safe” Orders for Travis County
- 3/23/2020: Wayside Working on Remote Learning Plans This Week
- 3/20/2020: Food Services and Other Updates Regarding COVID-19 Closure
- 3/18/2020: Updates Regarding Emergency Board Meeting, Internet Access and More
- 3/16/2020: Wayside to Reopen April 6
- 3/13/2020: Extracurricular Activities Canceled Today
- 3/10/2020: Internet Access Questionnaire for Remote Learning
- 3/5/2020: Wayside Asking Families to Complete Travel Log
- 2/28/2020: Help Reduce the Spread of Infection
- CDC: 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- WHO: Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Austin Public Health